Elden Ring won yet another Game of the Year award right after The Game Awards 2022. Players got to hand-pick their favorite game from last year at the Steam Awards 2022, and FromSoftware’s action-RPG title was it.
Steam announced and praised the victor with these sentences:
“Maybe it was its immersive gameplay or its gripping story, well-crafted characters, immaculate design, or addictive multiplayer. Whatever the reason, the winner of this year’s Game of the Year Award is an instant classic.”
Death Stranding won the Best Game on the Go award, surpassing Marvel Snap, which managed to amass 30 million downloads in two and a half months. Nuverse’s fan-favorite game averaged 400,000 downloads daily and was chosen Best Mobile Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2022.
Winners of the other categories have been indicated as follows:
- VR Game of the Year – Hitman 3
- Labor of Love – Cyberpunk 2077
- Better with Friends – Raft: The Final Chapter
- Outstanding Visual Style – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Most Innovative Gameplay – Stray
- Best Game You Suck At – Elden Ring
- Best Game Soundtrack – Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
- Outstanding Story-Rich Game – God of War (2018)
- Sit Back and Relax – Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Cyberpunk 2077 looks to have eventually won the hearts of the Steam community, earning the Labor of Love award. Recently, CD Projekt confirmed more transmedia plans after Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Cyberpunk 2077 overcame so much controversy since its release, although the IP seems to be on the right path as of now.