Diablo Immortal’s mobile version crosses $100 million in revenue

Activision Blizzard’s highly anticipated action role-playing game earned over $100 million on the App Store and Google Play.
Diablo staring menacingly behind the Diablo Immortal logo

According to Sensor Tower’s data, Activision Blizzard’s Diablo Immortal continues to thrive despite heavy criticism coming from fans. The mobile version of Diablo Immortal surpassed $100 million in player spending in just eight weeks across the world.

The demon-slaying experience topped the charts across multiple regions worldwide and generated over $50 million in revenue in its first month. The latest installment of the Diablo series also saw over 20 million downloads during the two-month period. Upon its June 2 global launch, Diablo Immortal made it to the most downloaded mobile games for June 2022 list, ranking 10th worldwide, and the game wasn’t even released in China back then.

The publishing giant NetEase faced several issues in the Chinese mobile games market and failed to launch the game in a timely manner. Diablo Immortal went live in China on July 25 across iOS and Android devices, meaning the game’s numbers will most likely peak come the end of August 2022, considering how the Chinese video game industry is currently the world’s largest market for gaming.

Sensor Tower says Diablo Immortal is currently ranked as the number 13 revenue-generating mobile game in the world, but with the game finally going live in China it may make a comeback and reach the top 10 again.

Diablo Immortal is conquering China

Diablo Immortal Cover

The popular RPG game had a strong start in the far east, to no one’s surprise. Upon its China launch, Diablo Immortal was the most downloaded application and game on Apple’s App Store for the next two days. Since Google Play isn’t available in China it’s hard to get a clear read on how the game is doing in Android markets.

On its launch day, Diablo Immortal was the third most revenue-generating game in China, following Tencent’s mega-hits Honor of Kings and PUBG Mobile (known as Game For Peace in China).

The United States is the number one country for revenue, followed by South Korea and Japan. Apple’s App Store accounts for about 59% of the total revenue the game generated so far, and Android markets account for the rest (41%).

It will be interesting to see how Diablo Immortal will perform in August, now that the game is officially out across all major mobile markets.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *